Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Haritha - හරිතා

When I went to see Haritha, my hair was still damp since I bathed early in the morning.

I assumed it was around 6.15 in the morning. On second thought, I predicted that it must be 6.30 am. No matter what was the time, Haritha was already up! 

She turned towards me as she heard my footsteps. She always recognized the sound of my feet; being the only one to do so. The very thought brought a sudden smile to my lips as it remembered me the way my sister Niwarthana; mocks at my devotion towards Haritha.  

Approaching Haritha, I bent and kissed her. She received my kiss with great eagerness. I took one of Haritha's little fingers in my hand and pressed it warmly. The finger was of a very smooth shade of pink. I could not resist falling in love with everything about her - the delicate touch, the perfect combination of green and pink on her body and fingers. 

Hairtha is still very tiny - just a little taller than my knee. The only problem is that Haritha's inability to talk. Yet, I'd rather say it is not a big issue for me hence I could talk to her. And, I do believe that she can clearly understand each and everything I tell her. 

The radiant rays of sun were spreading on the morning sky. The vast blue sky possessed an extremely pleasing view. My eyes were softened with the tender rays. As I felt the moment was too splendid to spend alone; I turned to Haritha, to share the beautiful sight with her. She was already looking at the scenery as if to tell me that she is a significant part of the natural beauty than us, the human beings could ever become.

"Don't always turn your face towards sunlight.'' I warned her. ''Your pretty face will be burnt. I should keep you in a more shady place''

Haritha did not care. She moved her limbs more harder than ever and directly faced the flowing down rays of sun. It made me so angry that I felt a side of my mouth is acquiring the shape of a frown.   

"Why don't you listen to me'' I was unknowingly raising my voice. "Always laughing about everything! You bad girl!"

Haritha seemed to be seriously wounded by my words as she abruptly stopped laughing. 

In a minute, a large tear drop fell near her feet.

I felt like something big and strong is stuffed in my throat. I silently sat near her, reaching for one of her several limbs. As she raised her chin, I spotted colorless tear drops all over her face. 

The sun deepened its rays, at once! 

Being very careful not to hurt Haritha, I wiped off the tear drops in the most tender manner I could. A soft breeze came as to offer me a helping hand to sooth my darling girl.

It worked! Haritha began to smile again!

"I promise never to hurt you furthermore!'' I murmured as I pulled Haritha closer to me. She leaned to me as if to assure that she reciprocated my love. 

The deepened sun rays were lightened by and by. 

The embrace was so soft and warm that it gave me a divine feeling. I simply enjoyed the pure relationship among Haritha and myself. It was something could not be expressed by mere words. A love so divine and selfless!

When the tear drops were all dried, it hinted me that time has come to depart. 

"Can I go, my bounteous lady?"  
I smiled slightly as the words came through my lips.

Haritha, with a sense of royalty, nodded, allowing me to leave. Yet at the next moment, her tender hands were directed towards me which I identified as a gesture to hold her for another moment. I did, with a great pleasure, as her ever green bosom pressed to my cheek. 

I felt something - something I did not notice even when I held her before. I have known Haritha long enough to know the exact touch of her thousands of leafy limbs. I tried to move her aside to see what part of Haritha touched my cheek.

At that very moment, I heard my mother's voice calling out for me.

It was different from the usual voice which wakens me up at morning. It had the beautiful tone of the excitement which possessed whenever we pass an exam with flying colors. Thus, to know the reason what put my mother in such an amusement, I turned my head and caught a glimpse of her happy face.

" Niwarthana has reached puberty!"

As her voice hit my ears, I did not know what to say at first. I simply could not find the right word to speak. Personally, in my view, reaching puberty does not appear as a great accomplishment since I never found the beginning of menstruation as that much of an awesome thing. 

Then, the realization came like a sudden lightning. This means now my sister is an adult - I would say now she could be considered an adult; traditionally though. I suddenly started to like the feeling. 

Now we will be fellow sufferers!

From now on, we could share everything. We would be more intimate with each other. We could talk about the uniqueness our physique, we could share the menstrual stuff, we could talk about art and passion more deeply! 

I was over the moon with realization - She is going to be the person whom I always wanted to talk the beautiful emotions I've always felt with. 

In that light, how amazing is the fact that Niwarthana has reached puberty.

I wanted to break the news to Haritha; who was my fellow sufferer until now; the girl who mutely listened to every thing I shared with her. 

As I was turning to Haritha, I remembered that I came across something strange on her bosom. In order to check it while breaking the good news to Haritha, I turned; and at that very moment; suddenly spotted it!

Haritha's first and foremost flower was peeping through her slender limbs.

4 comments: